THE ALTERNATIVE DIRECTORS PROGRAM is NBC’s annual directors’ initiative that addresses the need for more representation behind the camera in unscripted programming.
Intended for female and ethnically diverse talent, the program will give directors the opportunity to shadow over several weeks on NBC and Universal Television Alternative Studios unscripted series including prep, production and post.
The Alternative Directors Program is one of the tentpole initiatives within the NBC Talent Infusion Programs (NBC TIPS) that promotes and encourages people of diverse backgrounds.
For more information, go to: nbcunitips.com
To be eligible, applicants must be able to legally work in the United States.
- One letter of recommendation from an advocate of the director, who is not a talent representative. No letters will be accepted from managers, agents, publicists and lawyers.
- Resume detailing directing experience
- Two short essay questions
- Reel summarizing the director’s work
- Up to three completed samples of work
- One additional letter of recommendation (optional)
The submission form will open Monday, May 6, 2019 and will CLOSE Friday, June 7, 2019 at 11:59pm PT.
Finalists will be notified Late Summer 2019.